Sunday, May 24, 2009

Blue Ridge GA: To Brasstown Bald

After checking the weather forecast, we decided to stay close to the local area because it was going to rain in the afternoon. Hubby suggested that we should check out the highest point of Georgia: Brasstown Bald.

Did I mention that I am no good at travelling? I get motion sickness. Did I also mention that the mountain roads are like roller coaster rides? And that the roads have sharp zigzag bends? The worst thing was that we took a wrong turn.

So we were in the middle of nowhere, not a soul in sight, not a vehicle nearby. And would you believe it? After I asked hubby to stop our car, and while I was bending over at the side of the road and was about to empty the content of my stomach, a Georgia Sheriff drove towards us. I must have turned green at that point. Poppy showed her concern by sticking her head out of the car window and watched my progress. The Sheriff actually came to a stop to ask if we were ok. Once he understood our situation, in his deep southern voice, he wished us a good day. All I could manage was a weak wave and thought I would certainly try.

When I thought we finally arrived at Brasstown Bald, hubby informed me that the road to the observation tower was closed and that we would need to walk to the top. Can’t believe my luck, I wasn’t even dressed for hiking. But I had come this far now and I wasn't about to give up. So onwards.
Having a break.
Hurrah...made it.
At the observation tower, hubby telling Poppy we were having a break and then a Walk and then DinDin.
Poppy knows the words Walk and DinDin for dinner.
Looking back at the car park where we left our car.
Another view from the top at 4,784 ft.







1 comment:

  1. Ooo, looks like a fab holiday/birthday (apart from the windy roads - just thinking about that makes me want to puke up too!) The walk up to the top sounds like something Simon would love! The cardi's looking good on you too ;) Love Mui xx

    ReplyDelete