Sunday, June 19, 2011

In the right frame of mind

I have not written for more than 2 months. Not that I don't want to, I just needed to be in the right frame of mind to do so.

When Poppy is not well I fret over her. It is not that she has been ill. She was just plain clumsy. She run across a slippery surface one day, her back leg went under her, and she tore a ligament in her knee and injured a toe. It took nearly three weeks for her to heal.

Just when we thought all was well, Poppy started having dizzy spells and one time actually collapsed. It turned out to be an ear infection that affected her inner ear and her balance; after a week of medication Poppy is better now. I can relax and spend time in my craft room.

I have two more rows to do then the doily is done. But the next row is tricky. I would need to join and cut the thread to do 12 separate sections before working the final round. I started another project: it is a little toy elephant. I took it to bed with me, knitting a few rows every night. The head is nearly done.It is hurricane session with us now. It has been raining today. The sky is so grey and dark.But a little bit of rain is not going to stop Poppy waiting outside for the love of her life (my hubby) to come home from the gym.Poppy is good. I hope you are keeping well and are enjoying your summer where ever you are.

Till next time. Take care.

1 comment:

  1. The doily is looking lovely! And your little bunny is going to be adorable. I think it's so nice to have a small project to work on a little bit here and there. I'm glad Poppy is feeling better, too!!

    ReplyDelete