Sunday, January 22, 2012

Florida Manatees

After my return from the UK, my hubby asked me what I wanted to do with the first free day we have together in the new year. I said “Let’s go and find a manatee.” Manatees live in Florida and I have always wanted to see one swimming in the open sea. So we drove north 70 miles and visited a manatee center.While we were busy looking for manatees, Poppy was busy checking out bugs in the grass.We have no manatee luck that day. All I managed was to take a picture of a man-made manatee outside the visitor center.Then a week later, when we weren't looking, it happened. We took Poppy for a walk on the beach in Delray, a female manatee swam leisurely by with her calf.This is not my picture and not the manatees we saw...but aren't they the cutest?

No comments:

Post a Comment