Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Thanksgiving Turkey and Christmas Duck

I finally get round to finish the two toys I started back in September: a Thanksgiving Turkey and a Christmas Duck. We have roast duck at Christmas rather than turkey dinner, hence Christmas Duck.
The little duck is just over 6 inches tall in a sitting position.The turkey is about 8¼ inches tall.
I made some accessories for them: the placards and the head gears. My hubby said that these two are militant protesters.
Materials:
Double Knitting white and peach yarn, Sport weight red and black yarn, and I handspun the brown yarn for the turkey
I found it very helpful to use a small amount of glue to attach the turkey feet to the body and then have a curve needle to sew them together. I used Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive.
Crochet hook size: 3.50mm
Patterns:
* The Duck pattern is free. It is called The Ugly Duckling by Michele Wilcox. You can find it in freepatterns.com You would need to register before you can download the pattern.
* The Turkey pattern is an out of print pattern from 1983 Annie's Pattern Club. It is called Godfrey Gobbler by Betty Blount.

No comments:

Post a Comment