Monday, April 20, 2009

Weighing Scale

I want some green and red yarn for my next project; don’t have any in my stash, so it’s time to do some dyeing. I weighed what I got left of a Dorset fleece, about 12 oz.
I thought I will show you the weighing scale I use: the Rapala Digital Fishing Scale.
Fishermen use these to weigh their catch. I use mine to weigh my fleeces, yarn, and big parcels…basically anything that is too big or bulky for my kitchen digital scale to handle, I just put them in a bag and hook it up. Mine has a 50lb capacity.

I first saw the hand-spinners in Wales UK using an old portable hook scale to weigh a whole fleece. It was a small piece of farm equipment. They normally used it to weigh bags of animal feed.

This fishing scale is much better. It is digital and is very accurate. Anyway, just thought I would share this with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment