Monday, January 18, 2010

Little Sausage Dog

I have been meaning to make this little doggie for a long time. I want to find out how to knit a toy all in one piece with no joining and no sewing. I cast-on on Friday night and once I started I couldn’t put it down.

This is a very clever pattern using many knitting techniques.
The finished toy will look up to you with that doggie begging expression, very cute.
I gave the toy four brown paw pads just like Poppy’s.
The finished size is about 13 ½ inches long from the tip of her nose to the tip of her tail. It is only about 5 inches tall from top of the head to the floor.Materials:
* I hand spun the yarn from a mixture of Jacob and Dorset fleece. 6 wraps per inch so it is about chunky weight.
* 12mm dark brown eyes with safety backing and I purchased them from crscraft.com
Knitting needle size: 4.50mm
Pattern: The pattern is called Victoria and you can download it free from http://zijmaakthet.web-log.nl/zij_maakt_het/

2 comments:

  1. She came out quite nicely. I like teh brown paws en the home spun yarn is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce this is soo precious!! You did an excellent job...love the little detail of the brown paws...

    Have a great day!

    ^A^ngel

    ReplyDelete