Sunday, January 10, 2010

A cold start to 2010

We carried on with more home improvement work last week: replacing internal doors, stripping wall papers, painting walls, doors and ceilings…so I have not been doing much craftwork at all.

I did spend time tidying up my craft room though and set up a Work-In-Progress section in my blog’s sidebar. Going through my hobby stuff, I realised that I have finished all the projects I started in 2009, but the three pre-2009 projects are still outstanding. I really would like to complete these in 2010. So I set up the work-in-progress buttons as a way to motivate and to remind myself to get them done.

Last year I have done well with using up my stash of yarns, but I need to sew more and spin more in 2010….yes, I confess… my stash of fleeces and fabrics are just as big.

Also I found that I really enjoy making toys last year. I think my youngest sister knew because she gave me these adorable knitting patterns as my Christmas present. It sure is a good way to use up remnant yarns and I guess I will be making more toys in the New Year.
Talk about gifts, you know how some pet owners say that their cats and dogs bring in presents like dead bird or mouse? Well, thank goodness Poppy is not like that. Otherwise she would have brought in a big dead lizard. This is what she found this morning. Poppy just altered me there is something strange in the yard and I went and checked it out.
The weatherman says that a deep freeze is moving across the world. It is cold here too. Cold blooded reptiles shut down their system when the temperature drops below 40fº/4cº. It was near freezing last night. It was just too cold for them. In case you are wondering, this is what it normally looks like.
It has been a cold start to 2010 and a slow start for me with my craftwork. Let's hope that it is going to warm up soon. OK, I will say bye for now. Take good care of yourself where ever you are. Stay warm and stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment