Saturday, January 16, 2010

Starting two new projects

We have some good news this week. The immigration department has approved our application to stay in this country. They have also given me authorisation to work too. So this week I have been working on my resume and have been looking around for suitable work in my local areas.

It has not been a good week for Poppy because I was not doing routine stuff with her. Also after the long break between Christmas and New Year my husband went back to work. After we dropped him off at the airport, when we got home, Poppy went and hid in the garage, in the dark, and sulked. She was missing her human daddy.

By Thursday evening I was ready for a break from the job search and was sorting things out to start some new craft projects; I think Poppy felt that she had had enough too and would not be ignored anymore. She came over to me, stepping on to my sewing paper pattern that was lying on the floor, did a big lazy stretch and proceeded to bark. The result of her complain? The sewing pattern was tear apart by her paws and my plan to do some craftwork was postponed.

Well, her human daddy returned home yesterday. Poppy was a happy puppy again. I managed to tape the pattern together. I want to sew an apron to replace the one I wear when I do hand-spinning. It is the shorter length one in the picture.
Then late last night I started knitting this cutie called Victoria. Go to her blog's sidebar on the left for the free pattern. It is knitted all in one piece. I asked someone who has already done it and she said that it is not simple, at certain points, it can be tricky. So far I have done the two front legs and am working on the body towards the bum.
Unless Poppy is mad with me again, I am hoping to finish these two new projcets quickly. Till next post. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment